Forum Discussion

TSGW
Contributing User
22 days ago

Migrating from account right to business lite web version.

hi i am Migrating from account right to business lite web version. i was told it would take a couple of hours myob would do the back up for me. however now we are informed it would take 10 days for the migration to occur.

My question is there then an easy way to migrate the 10 days of data entry once the main back up is done? invoices purchase orders etc.

i would have post poned the process until christmas time when we close for 2 weeks so no further data would be entered if i had known it would take this long.

I can't really tell people sorry I cannot take your orders because we cannot enter them in the system at this point in time.

1 Reply

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi TSGW,

Thanks for your question about the migration process. It's true that there's no automatic way to migrate those 10 days of data entry after the main backup. But once the migration is done, you can manually input the data for the 10 days after the main backup. I understand it might feel like a bit of a task during busy times, but it's a one-time thing.

The migration process in MYOB usually takes about seven business days after you send your file to our team. Just a heads up, certain data, like customized forms and reports, won't be migrated. If something pops up that impacts MYOB's ability to migrate your file within this timeframe, they'll get in touch with you as soon as they can. For future migrations, you might find it easier to do them during a less busy time, like the Christmas period you mentioned.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,
    Shella