Annual leave entitlement

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
DareOB
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Annual leave entitlement

hi, I believe annual leave entitlement is setup correctly in myob and my question is more theoretical.

If I pay someone say $100,000 per annum and fortnightly pay I assume that the gross pay includes annual leave of 4 weeks. If that person works the whole year and takes no annual leave and resigns day 1 of the next year, I then owe that employee another 4 weeks of pay. Is that therefore another 4/52 x $100,000 or another $7,692 making their gross per annum pay in fact $107,692 and not $100,000?

I have the the leave calculating at 5.846hrs per fortnight and being accrued to the Wages Exp account and conversely leave taken coming off this same account but the question above is confusing me as it seems that the leave should be built into the $100,000.

Any help appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner
4,553 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

4,553Posts

1,304Kudos

723Solutions

Re: Annual leave entitlement

@DareOB 

Oh the joys of payroll, you are right and those extra hours have to be paid. The fact is that if you haven't paid them leave through the 12 month period then you need to settle that at the end of the 12 months or if employment is continuing at some future time. It is not the $107K per annum rather is it is that amount for 56 weeks. If you terrminate someone after 52 weeks work without leave then you to do a separate pay run where you change the linked entitlements from Holiday Pay to Unused Holiday Pay (that should have been set up correctly). The Unused Leave should be set to 1.083, no super and no entitlements. Once the pay is done it is important that you reset the entitlements.

It is fairly straight forward but you have to know your way around. 

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
alfred0809
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I'm leaving my current job and have negotiated my notice period from 3 months to 4 weeks. Our financial year starts from January, so my annual leave is reset from January too. I am going to leave my current job on 22nd March and have been told by HR that I must use up all my annual leave before I leave before I leave. I've only taken a half day so far, so have 5.5 days to take. Is this something the company can force me to do or am I entitled to have this payed to me instead?

ronatbas
Ultimate Partner
4,553 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

4,553Posts

1,304Kudos

723Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

@alfred0809 

On the surface there would seem to be several issues that do not comply with NES/ New Awards. They really are outside the ambit of this forum. You should direct your queries to the FWO https://www.fairwork.gov.au/

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post