Forum Discussion

KimS21
User
3 years ago

Back pay of wages for previous year

Hi Team

I need to do a back pay for meal allowance to staff from a previous years and a couple of staff no longer work for us. I have set Lump Sum E cateogories for each financial year for the amounts to be paid into. How do I re-instate past employees and then when I terminate them do I use the date of the back pay or do I use their orginal termination date (for myob and stp)?

Thanks

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi KimS21,

Thank you for your post. 

To re-instate these employees, you will first need to remove their termination date and untick 'inactive card' under the profile section of their card if you have that ticked also. You will then need to open STP (Payroll Reporting Centre) and navigate to the 'Employment Terminations' tab and change to payroll year if required, find the relevant employee, click the ellipsis next to the employee (3 dots) and select 'Remove termination'

Once you have done the above and processed the back pay, you can then re-enter the original termation date into the employee card and STP as this would still be the last day of employment.

If you require further assistance with this, please do not hesiate to reach out!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.