CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000245

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
SamSantoro
Contributing Partner
11 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000245

STP 2- How do we correctly set up a labour hire employee with salary sacrifice superannuation?

I keep getting the error code CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000245

2 REPLIES 2
VCaban
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000245

Did you get a response to this question?  I have the same issue....

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000245

Hi @SamSantoro and @VCaban 

Thanks for your post. That ATO error indicates that an employee with the Income type: Labour hire has salary sacrifice amounts. According to the ATO only contractors can be reported using the income type Labour Hire and contractors are not entitled to salary sacrifice.  This link to the ATO website shows reporting available by income type: The rules of reporting through STP

This is also from the ATO website:

LAB (labour hire)

Use this income type to report payments by a labour hire firm that arranges for persons to perform work or services, or performances, directly for their clients.

This income type relates to contractors only. It doesn't include amounts paid to employees of labour hire firms. Employees of labour hire firms should be reported as the relevant income type, such as SAW.

If you're not sure how your employees should be reported I would recommend checking with the ATO or your accountant.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post