Forum Discussion

Mozzie1
Contributing User
3 years ago
Solved

Can I process a pay run for an employee in the previous financial year

A spend money transaction was processed for an employee in March 2021. Can I process a pay for this in this financial year and date it March 2021

• Hi Mozzie1,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, you can. You will just need to make sure you remove this employee's finalisation in STP beforehand so that the ATO can update the employee's YTD summaries. Once you have done this and entered the missing pay, you can go ahead and re-finalise so that the ATO knows there are no other changes to be made. I will leave a link below that goes over the process of unfinalising and re-finalising employees with Single Touch Payroll:

If you require further assistance with this, please let me know.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mozzie1
    Contributing User

A spend money transaction was processed for an employee in March 2021. Can I process a pay for this in this financial year and date it March 2021

Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi Mozzie1,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, you can. You will just need to make sure you remove this employee's finalisation in STP beforehand so that the ATO can update the employee's YTD summaries. Once you have done this and entered the missing pay, you can go ahead and re-finalise so that the ATO knows there are no other changes to be made. I will leave a link below that goes over the process of unfinalising and re-finalising employees with Single Touch Payroll:

If you require further assistance with this, please let me know.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.