Forum Discussion

SergC
Contributing Cover User
11 months ago
Solved

EOFY Payroll reports on closed data file

Hi there,   I recently started a new company data file in September 2022 due to a shift in business legal structure. Now that STP Reporting is due I need to access the old company data file to fina...
    gavin12345
    11 months ago

Hi SergC 

It depends on how you reported pay between July and Sep 2022, and whether the pay after that time (the pay that was for a different entity) was also reported. Re-activating the file is a start, but whether there will be anything in the Payroll Reporting Centre for this abn and file ID combinations depends on whether MYOB kept the data there. After a subscription is ended, they only keep the data for a limited time. I suspect you will need a detailed conversation with a MYOB moderator to look into these things and advise best way forward.

MYOB can only report what is in the company file, so ideally if all the stars line up, you could reverse the unneeded pays and submit an Update event and finalise. It may be simply and straight forward. 

Another thing to think about is whether you should finalise with Phase 1 or Phase 2 - again without knowing what MYOB systems can do, speaking to MYOB would be the best thing. I will tag a couple of moderators, one will be in touch hopefully soon. Celia_B Princess_R 

From what I know of the 2 systems, personally I think the offline option would be far easier and cheaper. Making the changes in the MYOB file to delete the extra payroll transactions is easier when not constrained by what MYOB's Payroll Reporting Centre will allow you to do. Just have a read here of problems many are having with the Payroll Reporting Centre who haven't been through the changes you have.

Regards

Gavin