Employee onboarding cost

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LucyConran
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Employee onboarding cost

Is there an additional cost to using the Employee Onboarding service?  I can't find any clarity on the webpage.

Thanks!!

lucy

3 REPLIES 3
Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Re: Employee onboarding cost

Hi @LucyConran

Thank you for your post. There is no cost to use this feature, more information on this is available on our help article Employee Self-Onboarding

Do let us know if you have any further questions. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

ELC-Leo
Experienced Cover User
45 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

45Posts

75Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @LucyConran ,

In relation to your question, as a fellow user trying to piece together a complete picture of the new employee self-onboarding process, I think it's worth mentioning that while the onboarding process is included in our MYOB subscription, it seems that MYOB/Flare will be making money by advertising to our employees during the process. 

I want to mention my distaste that advertising is included during the on-boarding process, and without telling us. It is not a professional look for our business to have third-party advertising (disguised as a service) in our employees on-boarding. It also lengthens and confuses the on-boarding process with paragraphs of unnecessary disclosures not directly relevant to our employees’ onboarding. It obfuscates the process for most people, by being given priority placement and emphasis above the option that most people would choose.

It also feels rude for MYOB/Flare to make commission on the side, when we are paying for MYOB’s service – payments which increase by 7-9% most years.

From an employer perspective, I would not have known about the advertising we are presenting to our employees, except that I went through the process myself by onboarding a false test employee. From an employee perspective, this disclosure is towards the bottom of the page, not next to the advertising: “You should be aware that, if you do choose one of these advertised funds, Flare HR and its associated entities will normally receive a fee for you doing so.” 

If this is what we can expect for the future of MYOB, I guess we should not be surprised when our client invoices employee payslips start having thrid-party ads applied to them without our knowledge... 

LucyConran
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for that info, very interesting.  I do not like the idea of advertsing within my bookkeeping system.

I asked the question in the first place as there was a mention of the 3rd party on the MYOB webpage somewhere and I didn't understand why we need to know if there is no increase in cost / involvement with the third party.....but now its a bit clearer!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post