Foreign Employment (not exempt)

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Jen65
Trusted Cover User
165 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

165Posts

4Kudos

2Solutions

Foreign Employment (not exempt)

Hello, STP2 can MYOB advise do you now have an option to enter Foreign Employent Income for employees whom are australian and working overseas ? I already know the calculations to be made but need to know how to enter these into STP2. As they are having to pay foreign tax as well as australian tax.

Can you please advise as this was something the ATO have advised me that MYOB should have the facility to do this.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Re: Foreign Employment (not exempt)

Hi @Jen65

Thanks for your post. There is an ATO reporting category called Exempt Foreign Income in STP Phase 2, information on this is available on our Help Article Assign ATO reporting categories for Single Touch Payroll reporting. Can I please confirm if this Is what you are referring to ? 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

wasagi
1 Post
User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Foreign Employment (not exempt)

Hi Melissa

This is not exempt foreign income.  It is taxable foreign employment income.   It needs a different ATO category as it is taxable and tax is paid in the foreign country for the employee.  The ATO requires that the foreign income and associated foreign tax withheld be reported separately from Australian earnings and Australian tax withheld.

I can't see how to do this using MYOB Essentials as there is no appropriate category to choose.  Is a category for taxable foreign employment income and foreign tax paid setup for STP2?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post