LSL and Annual Leave is accruing on our Laundry Allowance

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
SupaSal1
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

LSL and Annual Leave is accruing on our Laundry Allowance

Hi,

We have noticed for a while, but only got around to investigating this.

We have found that LSL and annual leave is accruing on our Laundry Allowance. We have checked the exemptions for the accruals and the Laundry Allowance was definately ticked.

We have checked the Allowance and the tax category is: Allowance - Laundry, so the figure on the payslip shouldn't be included in"Gross Payments".

Hope you can help us find a solution for this.

I have attached two payslips, one correct and the other incorrect.

Thanks.

Sally 

Correct Accrual Payslip.PNG
Incorrect Accrual Payslip.PNG
1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: LSL and Annual Leave is accruing on our Laundry Allowance

Hi @SupaSal1 

Thanks for your post. I can see in the second payslip that annual leave has accrued on that allowance which indicates the allowance was not ticked in the Exempt window when that pay was processed.

Long service leave is harder to work out without knowing the calculation basis. If the basis is 1.6667% of Gross hours it has accrued correctly in the second payslip but much higher in the first. So that I can work this out can you send me screenshots of the LSL entitlement payroll category and a dummy pay. You don't need to record the pay, just enter the hours as they are in the first payslip and get a screenshot of that Pay employee window.

The dummy pay will also show if annual leave is accruing correctly.

Something to note, the ATO reporting category only determines how a payment is reported to the ATO in STP. It doesn't affect any calculations. 

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post