Multiple Employment Classifications

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
jppavone
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Multiple Employment Classifications

I wanted some advice regarding multiple employment classifications for an employee. We have an employee who is employed under multiple employment classifications. He is employed as a Storeman Casual when working in our factory and as a Labourer 3 Casual when onsite. He has just commenced with us so it's a new situation of having someone employed under mutliple classifications.

I wondered if there is a way to show multiple classifications in his card for when I complete a Pay Run rather then trying to work out manually what his Base Hourly amount would be if he has worked in both roles during the week?

Nothing came to mind when I was trying to look at it so I wondered what the easiest way would be?

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks

John-Paul

1 REPLY 1
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Multiple Employment Classifications

Hi @jppavone 

Thank you for your post. In this situation you might find it easier to set up each different hourly rate as a new payroll category. This way you could have the hourly rate for each clasification as a wage item and then you would only need to enter the hours worked and the software will calculate for you.

Here are the instructions on how to set up a new wage category.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post