Multiple files with same software ID

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Sadie1
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Multiple files with same software ID

I have recently changed my log in details for multiple files and needed to link those files with the ATO for STP reporting. I'm registering as a BAS agent. The last 8 of those files come up with the same software ID.

When I contacted the ATO to register them they said the software ID should be different for each entity

Is that correct?

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Multiple files with same software ID

Hi @Sadie1 

Thanks for your post. 

I found this information on the ATO website:

If you're using online or cloud-based software to report STP for you or your clients, you need to notify us of the unique software ID.

To make sure we receive the STP report, you will need to provide the correct software ID:

• Use your own unique software ID – if you will be lodging STP reports for your clients. Your software ID will be connected to your registered agent number (RAN) and ABN.
  • Use your client's unique software ID – if they will be lodging their own STP reports and you are only assisting them to get ready or you are lodging on their behalf as a user. Your client's software ID will be connected to their business ABN.

My understanding is that Tax/BAS agents have the same Software ID for all files. 

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post