PLSL levy calculation in STP 2

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
kaushika
Contributing User
16 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

16Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

PLSL levy calculation in STP 2

Hi Team,

We recently implemented STP Phase 2 and the payroll catogories have now changed to Gross payments, other paid leave, etc. But, the PLSL gets calculated on Gross Wages.

I want to understand if the Gross wages includes leaves or just gross payments and if the PLSL is being calculated correctly.

I am attaching a screenshot for reference.

Screenshot 2022-11-10 114132.png
1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: PLSL levy calculation in STP 2

Hi @kaushika 

Thanks for your post. The ATO reporting categories are only how a payment is reported to the ATO in STP, they don't impact calculations.

When the Calculation Basis for a payroll category is set as Equals % of Gross wages, all unticked wages categories in the Exempt window are included in the calculation. To exclude a wage category from the calculation click on Exempt and tick the applicable category.

image.png

The Help Article, Portable Long Service, has detailed information. However, we're not able to advise which payroll categories should be included or excluded in the calculations. You would need to check this with the Portable long service leave authority.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post