Forum Discussion

Wynn
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago

Payroll Reporting Corrections - chose "yes" instead of "no"

What happens if you accidentally answer "Yes, report updated pay run" by mistake, instead of choosing "No, report new pay run"?

There does not appear to be any way to change the answer anywhere.

Yikes. Will this create a glitch in the figures reported?

Reporting past-dated pays for Single Touch Payroll - MYOB AccountRight - MYOB Help Centre

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello Wynn 

Thank you for your post.

If you choose "Yes, report updated pay run" it will update the STP values for the time frame of that pay run for the employees.

If this isn't what you wished to do and it does alter a pay run that you had previously made, you are able to follow this Help Article on changing a recorded pay depending on what information you need to change.

Once, you have corrected the payroll, you would then be able to process the brand-new pay run that you intended to do.

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

Wynn
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Chris. Thanks for your reply. I know how to change a recorded payrun. Your reply however does make we wonder what the technical explanation of a "payrun" is.

But anyway, my scenario is, that a net payment to an employee was made without doing a payrun. I then later put this throuch the payroll system and lodged the payrun.  It's a new payrun and it bears no relationship to previous payruns done in that pay period.

I actually don't want to re-do the payrun - by reversing it and re-lodging the identical figures. There's nothing wrong with the figures. It's just that I accidentally too quickly clicked on "no" instead of "yes", as, although it's for a time period which has previous payruns, but this is actually a new payrun.

As I've said, the figures are correct. I just wish there was some way of changing the choice of "no" to "yes". But obviously not.

That having been said, will the next payrun for that person correct the "to date" figures, despite the above "slip of the mouse"? 

ChrisMYOB
        Former Staff

Hello Wynn 

I just want to correct what I said in my previous post, 

When you select yes, it will only send the YTD amounts. 

When you submit information from MYOB to the ATO it will either be a pay event or an update event. 

A pay event can only occur in the current payroll year where both the employee and employer year-to-date totals are submitted to the ATO. A regular pay run classifies as a pay event.

An update event can occur in the current or previous payroll year, and only the employee's year-to-date totals for the applicable payroll year are sent to the ATO. 

That being said, the reason this message would have popped up is that the payment date included was one before the date the payment was made.