RDO Accrual

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AshP90
3 Posts
User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

RDO Accrual

Hi, I'm trying to set up our employee's RDO entitlements and have used your instructions to set up the payroll entitlement categories. Our employees work a 40hr week and get paid for 38hrs. I am hoping that someone can explain why employees paid hourly accrue 2hrs of RDO per weekly pay cycle, however our salary paid employees accrue 1.9hrs? This is based off your calculations of gross hours of 38hrs x5.263% and salary paid equals 1.9 per pay period.

Thank you in advance! Smiley Happy

4 REPLIES 4
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: RDO Accrual

Hi @AshP90 

Welcome to the Community Forum. If you're still experiencing this can you please attach a screenshot of the category along with an example pay run where it is displaying incorrectly so I can reproduce the error on my end?

(You can use the Microsoft snipping tool to create screenshots and remove any employee information, then click on Photos to upload).

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

AshP90
3 Posts
User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Samara,

Thank you for your reply - I think you may have misunderstood my query. I'm following MYOB's set up instructions and it advises that an employee paid by salary accrues RDOs at 1.9hrs per week, hourly paid employees accrue RDOs at 2hrs per week (based off the 5.263% sum). I am just confused why they accrue different amounts depending on how they're paid. I have attached photos of the set up instuctions so you can see what I'm referring to, and hope this makes more sense.

MYOB RDO - Hourly.JPG
MYOB RDO - Salary.JPG
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hi @AshP90 

Thanks for clarifying the situation. The Help Article on creating an RDO pay item is intended to be used as a guide only. 

If you have questions about how to calculate accrual for RDO leave, we recommend you consult with your accountant or FairWork Australia.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

AshP90
3 Posts
User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Samara. I did contact Fair Work and Employsure to ask their advice on this, however they recommended contacting MYOB to ask the reasoning behind the differernt accrual amounts.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post