Forum Discussion

Dean67
Contributing User
2 years ago

Re-employing employee and self onboarding

Hi there, we have seasonal workers and a lot of them come back each year to work with us for approx 3 months. As we are re-employing some past employees can I use employee self-onboarding, or do I just re-activate their card and change the start date? If I use self onboarding will it recognise their existing card and update the details or will it create another card for these employees?

Thanks Dean

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi Dean67,

Thank you for your post. 

If you use the self-onboarding feature, it creates a new employee card.

You can just re-activate the original card and enter the new start date for existing employees, however, if they were entitled to Leave previously and will accrue leave again, you will notice that the leave balances will become corrupt and populate inaccurate values when the card is reactivated, so, this process may only be suitable for employees that were not and are not entitled to leave. 

If the employee has accrued leave before, it would be best to create a new employee card, and the self-onboarding feature can be used in that case.

If you had any further queries, please feel free to reach out.  

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.