Resignation - Leave entitlements still showing on payslip

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ZervK
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Resignation - Leave entitlements still showing on payslip

Hi,

I had a staff member resign, and I have processed their last pay today including their leave entitlements. I have then gone into their card and put their termination date in to clear their leave so it doesn't show on their final payslip. 

I've gone in to check their final payslip and it shows their opening balance from the start of the financial year (1/07/20)  whereas it should show no leave, if anything maybe what was remaining. Why is this? I've attached screen shots.

Thanks

Kylie

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Resignation - Leave entitlements still showing on payslip

Hi @ZervK 

Thanks for your post. When processing termination payments any leave entitlements being paid out need to be allocated to unused entitlement payroll categories. These help articles have detailed instructions on recording termination pays:

Create payroll categories for termination payments

Processing a final pay

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

ZervK
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Tracey_H 

I had done that, and it had reduced my leave to zero, however, what I'm trying to say is that it now shows on the payslip all the opening balances for the year, so doesn't even show the leave she had taken during the year, its reverted back to the start of the year. I don't see why it should do this, when on all previous payslips it always showed the correct balance. It's like telling them they have more leave than what they actually have.

Thanks

Kylie

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @ZervK 

I have been able to replicate this in my software and have passed it on to the relevant teams for investigation. In the meantime if you need to reprint a termination payslip go to Setup>>Preferences>>Reports & Forms and untick Include all YTD amounts and Entitlement Balances on Paycheque Stubs. Once you have reprinted the payslip you can retick that preference.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post