STP adjustment

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
debm
Trusted Cover User
51 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

51Posts

3Kudos

3Solutions

STP adjustment

Good morning,

I need some help on adjusting an amount of tax in STP report.

We have an employee that we have been taking out an extra $20 per week in tax.

Before we upgraded to the new system at the start of the year this $20 was entered as a deduction through the payroll and paid as part of the PAYG Withholding.

Now I've upgraded I've been advised that this "extra tax" is entered through the employee card (and that is working great)

My problem is that the previous amounts for the financial year which is $580 is not in the total of the employees PAYG Withholding eg. Total tax for year should be $4101 but is $3521 in the STP Payrun Summary Report.

How do I fix this please?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: STP adjustment

Hi @debm 

Sorry to see that no one has offered assistance with your query. If you need to make the adjustment for a previous payroll year that has been finalized, I recommend checking with the ATO or an accounting advisor as you may need to do an amendment. 

After doing that you would first need to remove the STP finalisation, then create a payrun to do the adjustment, then finalise the employee again.

Here are some detailed instructions on how to do this:

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

debm
Trusted Cover User
51 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

51Posts

3Kudos

3Solutions

Hi @SamaraM ,

The payment is in this financial year and they were taken out of the employee's pays before I setup for STP.

So I just need to know how I go about reversing them so I can add the extra tax back into the correct spot (through the employee card) as they won't be recognised by the tax office as being extra tax until I fix this.

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hi @debm 

As mentioned earlier, you can follow the steps in this Help Article on how to reverse a pay run: Changing a recorded pay.

Hope that helps.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post