STP for prior years

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MareePP
Experienced Partner
30 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

30Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

STP for prior years

I have a client who has just added payroll to their AccountRight subscription.  They only employ themselves and we are trying to lodge payment summaries for 2021 via STP.  Although the amounts showing in the payroll reports are correct, the STP reports are all nil for the 2021 year.  Any for the 2022 year are showing correctly.  All numbers have been entered by processing payroll runs.

Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: STP for prior years

Hi @MareePP 

Thanks for your post.  If STP has just been set up, only pays processed after set up can be reported through STP. As such, you would need to provide payment summaries and an empdupe file for previous payroll years.

If STP was set up in the 2021 payroll year, check that the Payroll activity and Payroll register reports are the same. If they are, process a $0 pay with payment date as 30 June 2021, wait until that report is accepted and then recheck the YTD verification report.

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MareePP
Experienced Partner
30 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

30Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi

Apologies for the slow response! I understand that for the prior year I will need to produce an empdupe file for lodgement with the ATO.  Can I still do this in AccountRight 2022.2?

Thanks

MareePP
Experienced Partner
30 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

30Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Have now found the option to print payment summaries, However, I cannot seem to do them for the 2021 financial year.  Do I need to go back to a backup?

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @MareePP 

You will need to restore a back up taken at the end of financial year you need to prepare payment summaries for.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post