Salary deduction

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Ness2
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Salary deduction

The salary sacrifice/deduction amount for a terminated employee keeps showing up on the balance sheet.

How do I remove that?

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Salary deduction

Hi @Ness2 

Thanks for your post. When you process a pay run with a salary sacrifice deduction, the salary sacrifice amount is credited to the payable liability account selected in the salary sacrifice payroll category. This liability will be reported in the Balance sheet until the amount is paid to the super fund.

When the payment transaction is recorded the bank account is credited and the payable liability account is debited. The payment appears as a withdrawal to be reconciled in the bank account and the liability account is cleared as the liability is no longer owing.

If the liability hasn't been cleared the first thing to check is if the payment has been made. If it has, you would need to check the account the payment transaction was posted to.

If you have any trouble with this please provide detailed information so that I can assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Shell3
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you, the payroll liability account is  showing -$743.08 online as a cash payment but that amount wasn't paid.

It says the transaction can only be viewed on the desktop but it doesn't show up on the desktop version where it was originally recorded.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Shell3 

So that I can assist further can you please send me screenshots of the liability account in both the browser and desktop. Make sure sensitive information is removed from screenshots before posting on the Forum.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post