'Salary sacrifice - o' and Salary Sacrifice - s' - how do we process these so they're not a negative number

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
CarolD1
Experienced User
15 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

15Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

'Salary sacrifice - o' and Salary Sacrifice - s' - how do we process these so they're not a negative number

We've moved to STP 2 and throughtly regret it so far! 

First pay of the year and I've hit issues with salary sacrifice. The way it's been processed in the past means it is a negative number which the STP submission report has a negative number and is rejected by the ATO.

How do we process salary sacrifice now??

3 REPLIES 3
SECL55
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: 'Salary sacrifice - o' and Salary Sacrifice - s' - how do we process these so they're not a negative number

Ive modified their categorisation  to not reportable to get payroll through and will adjust once Myob fixes the issue which I have to report

CarolD1
Experienced User
15 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

15Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

Re: 'Salary sacrifice - o' and Salary Sacrifice - s' - how do we process these so they're not a negative number

That's probably the only sensible workaround at this stage - good thinking!

CarolD1
Experienced User
15 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

15Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

I've since found out that the Myob work around is:
At the time of processing the payroll, do not submit the STP report (cancel it) then go to the Payroll Reporting and now in the browser to Single Touch Payroll reporting - you'll see the report is 'unsent'. Now send it. The issue is the interface, not the 'negative' data. The ATO should accept the report. I did this with one pay and it has worked, no problem at all.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post