Something's gone wrong and AccountRight needs to close - Duplicate Employee ID

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JohJohB
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Something's gone wrong and AccountRight needs to close - Duplicate Employee ID

This error came up last year and was apparently a back end error.  It was cleared and all was well until the last month or so.  Basically, I can't go into several employee card files or their associated payslips because it comes up with this error every time.  The error log mentions that the EmployeeID is not unique.  According the front end they are unique but it has doubled up somewhere in the back end of the system.  I've tried clearing the cache but it has had no effect.  It isn't with all employees only 4 of them.  I only found it as I needed to change the payslip to be already printed or sent as it is still sitting in the 'to be emailed' section.  Now I have an employee I need to terminate but can't because I can't enter into his card details.

I've attached the error log for one of the employees but the others are all the same other than the ID numbers which are 2973, 2963, 2809 & 2719

3 REPLIES 3
Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Something's gone wrong and AccountRight needs to close - Duplicate Employee ID

Hi @JohJohB

Thank you for your post and information provided. I may be able to run a script over your file to fix this. Can you please send me a private message with the following information: 

• Serial number 
  • Business name 
  • Your full name & email address 
  • File ID (This can be found by going to Help > About MYOB AccountRight)

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

JohJohB
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Something's gone wrong and AccountRight needs to close - Duplicate Employee ID

I PM'ed the information through to you, did you get it and how did you go?

JohJohB
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Oops saw your last message.  Yes the script fixed the problem and I can access it all now. Thank you very much.

Jo

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post