Forum Discussion

ReneeD_78
Contributing User
2 years ago

Sub-Contractors using time sheets

Hello,

Has anyone successfully added sub-contractors as an employee so that they can use the timesheets?  We use the timesheets to bill our clients and this feature is very important to capture the daily time writing.  If we can't use this option I then need about 6 sub-contractors to email me a spreadsheet with their hours, transfer those hours to another timesheet to submit to the clients with the invoice.  This seems rediculous! 

Any suggestions...

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CloverQ
    Former Staff

Hi ReneeD_78 

From the software perspective, you can certainly create employee cards for them and use timesheets for them just like any other employees. As far as I know there are some businesses also set up sub-contractors as employees for various of reasons, such as to pay them superannuation. 

The main thing to consider is that if you need to report Taxable Payments made to contractors, the report in AccountRight can only be generated from supplier purchases. I'd suggest checking with your accounting adviser to clarify your reporting requirements and whether it's best to set up the sub-contractors as employees or suppliers.