Super stopped acctuing on 23/03/2022

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
DeeC
Partner
7 Posts
Partner
Partner

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Super stopped acctuing on 23/03/2022

Hi,

We have set up our wages and super expenses to track two types of employees and their earnings/expenses.

We have had this system in place since March 2021 without any issues.

On the 23/March/2022, one type of emplyee super expenses stopped accruing properly.

I have checked to ensure it is still set up correctly and is the same as the other type of employee setting and this has proved correct.

However, super is still not accruing at 10% and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the amounts being accrued.

Was there an update done around 23 March that could have caused this or has anyone else found this issue?

I am leaving in 2 weeks and need to put in place a fix so it doesnt happen again.

Many thanks in advance.

Dee

5 REPLIES 5
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Super stopped acctuing on 23/03/2022

Hi @DeeC 

Thanks for your post. When super isn't calculating correctly the first troubleshooting step I'd recommend is processing a dummy pay run for the first pay period of the next month. This is because the super guarantee is calculated on a monthly basis so AccountRight will automatically adjust calculations to ensure the accrual is 10% for the whole month.

If the calculation is correct in the dummy pay, run the Payroll register report for the current month and check that the accrual amount is 10% of OTEs.

If the calculation is incorrect can you send me the following screenshots:

• the dummy pay
  • the super guarantee payroll category set up

Make sure sensitive information is removed from screenshots prior to posting on the public Forum.

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

DeeC
Partner
7 Posts
Partner
Partner

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, the first payrun had already been done for this month, so I was unable to try that solution.

We did check the category setup against the second Superannuation Account we have set up (they cover the two types of employees as we have a category for each). The settings are the same with the only difference being the name (ie. Superannuation TF and Superannuatio PF) everything else is matching.

The Superannuation TF is accruing properly.

I did a Nil payrun today and just loaded the missing superannuation accrual amounts from the Superannuation PF account, but then noted with a NIL pay, super was showing at $45 before I entered the missing amount!

This is quite confusing and as mentioned only began on the 23/03 payrun which is quite specific.

Was there an update at this time that could have affected this account perhaps?

I am at a loss and any help is appreciated.

I have been updating all categories to the STP-2 today in the hope this might fix the issue.

Well, weekly payrun is tomorrow, so will let you know how it goes.

Cheers, Dee

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

@DeeC 

Hi Dee

You don't need to record a dummy pay so you can do it for any month in the future, as long as no pays have been recorded for that month:

dee.PNG

You just need to check that the super calculates correctly, then cancel and don't save the pay. If it does calculate correctly then run the Payroll Register detail report and manually check the accrual amount for the whole month. In this example, OTEs are $4000 (AL $1600 + BH $2400) x 10% = $400, agrees with Superannuation Guarantee amount:

dee2.PNG

If it doesn't calculate correctly in the dummy pay it will be something to do with the set up of that payroll category. Check the Calculation Basis, is it 10% of Gross Wages or has one wage category been selected? Check the wages categories that have been excluded from calculations by clicking on Exempt.

STP only reports payroll information recorded in the software to the ATO, as such, changes to ATO reporting categories and employee details won't have any affect on pay and super calculations.

If you continue to have problems please send me screenshots so that I can assist further.

Let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

DeeC
Partner
7 Posts
Partner
Partner

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Thank you for your assistance.

I ran the dummy payrun for a week in June and the super seems to now be calculating correctly.

I did run a Payroll Register (Detail) report for May, but as I had created a Nil, once off payrun earlier this week just to record the missing superannuation, the figures for the super were more than they should be for the month's OTE as it covered 2 months of not having accrued.

While running today's normal weekly payrun, there was nothing accruing for Super in their pay, so I manually entered the 10% amount into the 3 employees pays so they would show as accrued.

I will check this again next week when I run the next payrun and see how it goes.

Fingers crossed.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @DeeC 

Great to hear super accrued correctly in the dummy pay. As you've recorded the adjustment pay for super accrual mid-month the calculation will appear incorrect for the rest of the month, that's why it was zero this week and will be again next week. However, the software is calculating the accrual correctly.

How it works is:

Week 1 - OTE $1000, super $0

Week 2 - OTE $1000, super $0

Adjustment pay - super May $200, April $400

Week 3 - OTE $1000, super $0. Total OTE for the month is $3000 x 10% = $300, AccountRight checks the total OTE for the month and the super already accrued which is $600 due to the adjustment. As 10% of the OTE for the month has been reached no further super will be accrued.

Week 4 - OTE $1000, super $0. 10% of OTE for the month has been already accrued

If the adjustment pay was just for the May amount the calculations would have been:

Week 1 - OTE $1000, super $0

Week 2 - OTE $1000, super $0

Adjustment pay - super May $200

Week 3 - OTE $1000, super $100. AccountRight checks the total OTE for the month $3000 and super already accrued $200 then accrues $100 to reach 10%

If you need to record an adjustment for a previous month it is best to process that in the month it relates to, so if you need to adjust April the payment date for the adjustment would be 30 April.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post