Super

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Heathrau
Experienced User
23 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

23Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Super

Hi can you please tell me if this is correct i feel that super is being calculated from for this casual employee?
The rate is set as 10% but it doesn’t seem to be correct in calculating it?

Also i have another casual employee wanting for me to take 2% of their pay that they take home and put this to their super are you able to let me know what categories i would need to be set up to do this and how.

Many thanks

LW.png
SUper.png
LW.png
SUper.png
1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Super

Hi @Heathrau 

Thanks for your post. Super is calculated on a monthly basis so to check the calculations for your first employee run the Payroll activity detail report for the whole month. Add up the Ordinary Time Earnings (OTE) payroll categories and multiply by 10%. That figure should match the Superannuation Guarantee figure on that report.

Additionally super is calculated on the gross OTE's. If all three payroll categories in your pay transaction screenshot are OTE's, the total gross is $637.92 so super would be $63.79. As it's calculated as $77.30 it looks like the software has done an automatic adjustment to make up for a shortfall in a previous pay.

For the second employee you can use the employee additional super payroll category. This help article, Additional superannuation contributions, has detailed information to edit that payroll category to suit your requirements.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post