Terminated Employee by mistake

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JessRoots
Partner
12 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Terminated Employee by mistake

I accidently Termindated an Employee who had leave owing by mistake. The Employee hadn't actually finished. I can see his leave it ok on his payslip but on the Entitlements Leave report it is showing him as a negative balance. How do I fix this to show his correct balance which is on his payslip?

3 REPLIES 3
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Terminated Employee by mistake

Hi @JessRoots 

To remove the termination date from the employee's card:

• Go to the Card File command centre > Cards List > Employees tab > open the employee's card.
  • Click the Payroll Details tab.
  • Clear the Termination Date (click to highlight the date and press the <Delete> key on your keyboard).
  • Click OK.
  • After removing the end date, then the entitlement should revert back to what it was previously.

If it is still incorrect then you can adjust the leave entitlements.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

JessRoots
Partner
12 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

The issue is that the payslip was ok but the leave report was incorrect. None of the options to fix would have corrected it. I ended up creating an new card file for the employee after a online chat didn't resolve the issue and a response from the forum took too long.

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hi @JessRoots 

Generally, when reinstating an employee, we would simply be removing the Termination Details from the Card file (the steps I mentioned above).

For this reason; If we have 2 Employee Cards containing the same Superfund information and the original card was used with Pay Super before, then it will remember the member number in the background, and you may get an error later on due to the system identifying a Duplicate Employee Number. 

In the current situation, it would be better to delete any pay runs since creating the new card now, then reinstate the original card to prevent any issues later (where there may be a lot more pay runs to deal with). 

Here is our Help Article on that process in case you get stuck: Reinstating an employee.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post