overpaid wages URGENT

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
monsta76
Experienced User
74 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

74Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

overpaid wages URGENT

Hi all!

I need help asI overpaid an employee by $192.  It was done as an electronic upload via myob to the bank and has been paid and processed.  The employee wants to pay it back at $15 per week. 

What is the best way to deal with this.  Obviously PAYG and Super amounts are not correct in the original payrun.  I have not reported to STP ATO as yet.  

Am I able to delete the pay or all the pays and re-enter with the overpaid employee set up an account in MYOB for the over payment?

I really need help asap on this as I need to enter this weeks payrun this morning.

Thanks to anyone that can help me.

Mon Smiley Happy

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: overpaid wages URGENT

Hi @monsta76 

Thanks for your post. If you're deducting the $15 a week from their pay you can reduce those pay runs. This will also fix PAYG, super and STP. If they're repaying the amount into your bank account process separate negative pay runs for the amount their repaying. This will also fix PAYG, super and STP and you can match the negative pay with the bank feed.

As the pay run has been paid to the employee don't change the original pay run and send the STP report. You'll need to match the pay run with the bank feed. The pay run transactions should match what has happened in real life.

This Help Article has detailed information: Fixing a payroll overpayment or underpayment

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

monsta76
Experienced User
74 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

74Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: overpaid wages URGENT

Thanks Tracey,

I ended up deleting the payrun for her and re-entered and made a separate account in MYOB for wgaes over payment. I will just allocate the $15 peer week to that each pay.

I had to make a decision quickly as I needed to enter the pay.  I googled heaps and that seemed like the best solution. I hope it doesnt muck anything up. I am yet to report that payrun to the STP.

But I appreciate your reply. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post