stp rejected by ato

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
mrshanna
Experienced Cover User
79 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

79Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

stp rejected by ato

I lodged a payrun and everything went through ok, I then remembered that I forgot to include a couple of days of leave taken.  I decided to lodge another pay for this person and deducted the value of leave from the normal wages and applied the value of leave to the holiday pay accrual making it a zero payslip it was merely to correct accruals on my end.  the holiday leave accrual is now correct, however i checked with ato and that second pay i did for that person was rejected in stp reports. it was rejected cause of dates, only thing i could see was for that person i lodged original payslip for 30/11/19 and zero payslip to correct accruals with same date 30/11/19, could this be the problem,?? do i just ignore it because as far as im concerned accruals are now correct and figures didnt change on ato end? grrrr

4 REPLIES 4
mrshanna
Experienced Cover User
79 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

79Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Single Touch Payroll rejected

Hello, you seem like you know what you're talking about.

I lodge a payrun and everything went through ok, I then remembered that I forgot to include a couple of days of leave taken.  I decided to lodge another pay for this person and deducted the value of leave from the normal wages and applied the value of leave to the holiday pay accrual making it a zero payslip it was merely to correct accruals on my end.  the holiday leave accrual is now correct, however i checked with ato and that second pay i did for that person was rejected in stp reports. do i just ignore it because as far as im concerned accruals are now correct and figures didnt change on ato end? grrrr

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: stp rejected by ato

Hi @mrshanna 

As the ATO are only interested in the YTD amounts you just need to make sure they are correct and up-to-date.

We have been advised by the ATO of issues with STP lodgement on their end so at this stage you would need to wait until their issues are resolved if you wanted to send another $0 pay.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

mrshanna
Experienced Cover User
79 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

79Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Tracey, do would it be correct in saying that I don't need to do anything else on my end whether ato accept or reject that last payslip. The bottom line is accruals are now correct in myob and gross wages are the correct figures at the ato  

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @mrshanna 

Yes you are correct, as long as the YTD amounts are correct in the last STP report accepted by the ATO then you are all good. 

In situations where the YTD amounts do change you can either process a $0 pay to update the YTD amounts in STP. Or wait until you process the next payrun, which will update the YTD amounts. The ATO allow 14 days from when you realise an error has been made to correct the errors. 

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post