Forum Discussion

McPherson1
Experienced User
3 years ago

Applying credit to customer with different Category

I have a credit (customer paid invoice twice) I want to apply against an existing Invoice for the same customer.  The new invoice has a different Category and I understand that this means the outstanding invoice isn't available to apply the credit to from the Returns & Credits window. 

How do I apply the credit note funds against the existing outstanding invoice and then pay the balance credit to the customer as a refund.

thank you

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi 

The second payment should be recorded/allocated against the outstanding invoice ( receive payments) that you wish to put it against in the amount put the amount paid and MYOB will recognise it as an overpayment and create a credit note which you can then settle through the sales command centre as normal

Hope that helps

Lisa

McPherson1
      Experienced User

Hi Lisa,

In this case, the double payment was received a couple of months ago, long before the second (different category) invoice was issued.  We knew the second invoice was coming and with the clients authority have kept to funds to settle the second invoice and refund the balance.  It's sitting as a credit and has been for a couple of months.  

I think I'm looking for a way to "pay" it somewhere and then "receive" it again.  

Regards

Lisa

LRBooks61
        Ultimate Cover User

Ok the payment that you received a couple of months ago - how did you deal with it?

My understanding Is ithat is sitting as a credit for that customer, is that correct.

the only way that the credit would not be able to be applied to the customer is if the customer name is different as it is just a credit.

What have you tried?

I suggest you do the following steps

in sales drop down select settle returns and credits

select the customer

select (bottom left side) apply to sale

change the amount to match invoice amount and record

then again from the bottom left corner select pay reund

select the account you want to pay from and record

process payment

should be done

Hope that helps solve it

Lisa