Forum Discussion

3 years ago
Solved

Automatic coding different sales accounts for different customers

Hi there, 

I have two different groups of customer: wholesale and retails. In order to correctly record WET and GST for both groups.  I would like the MYOB (account right)  to automatically code different sales accounts for different customer groups. I've assigned different sales accounts in each group of customers' card file. However, when I issue invoices to them, all the sales are recorded in the same sales account.

Could you please let me know how to fix this, thank you.

Carrie

• Hi CarrieG 

As outlined, item-based layouts will use the item's Income account for tracking sales, not the customer's card income account.

If you are needing to have a different income account for your items based on customer type, a separate item would need to be set up with a different income account listed. This item would need to be added to the invoice for those customers when selling to account that income in a different account.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi CarrieG 

When generating invoices what layout are you using? The Income account that is selected on the card would be used for the service or professional layouts by default when entering a new line. Item and time billing based layouts will use the income account that is listed for that item or activity, not the customer's listed income account. 

If you are using an item (or time billing) layout and want to have a specific income account for a customer you would need to have an item set up with that income account set as the Income account for tracking sales for that item. This item would need to be selected on the invoice to ensure that the account is used.

CarrieG
      User

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm using an item layout. However, for the same items, we sell them for both wholesale and retail. Is there a way that I can track the inventory, and at the same time let MYOB automatically coding income accounts for different customers (like wholesale and retails customers). This is because we need to calculate WET from different groups of customers.

Thank you.

Carrie

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi CarrieG 

As outlined, item-based layouts will use the item's Income account for tracking sales, not the customer's card income account.

If you are needing to have a different income account for your items based on customer type, a separate item would need to be set up with a different income account listed. This item would need to be added to the invoice for those customers when selling to account that income in a different account.