Browser AR+2022.2 - Customised Forms

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JulieJR
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Browser AR+2022.2 - Customised Forms

Am I correct in believing that you cannot use customised forms in AR+2022.2 Browser edition and can only use it in desktop edition?  I have a new client who do not have any Accounting Software as yet and they have mentioned Xero and they have spoken to other acquaintences who rave over Xero.  I have no experience with Xero and have used MYOB AR+ for years and have been looking into the Browser vs Desktop but seems that Browser is much more limited.

It looks to me that you cannot use a company logo on any forms unless you are using desktop version.

Is this correct or am I missing something?

Regards

Julie

4 REPLIES 4
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Browser AR+2022.2 - Customised Forms

Hi @JulieJR 

Sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. You can use customised forms, including forms with logos, in the AccountRight browser version. To create a custom form in the browser click on the business name>>Sales settings>>Templates>>Create template. Click on Header information to add a logo.

Custom forms created in the desktop version can also be used in the browser, however, you won't be able to edit them in the browser.

When an AccountRight file is online it can be accessed in both the browser and the desktop. The data is synced immediately so users can switch between them, depending on what suits their needs.

Access an AccountRight company file in a web browser

What you can and can't do in AccountRight web browser

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

JulieJR
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey

Thanks for your reply.  We have now created the invoice template in MYOB desktop and can access from MYOB browser.

How do we set the template that has been created in MYOB desktop as the default for MYOB browser?  We had setup a template also on MYOB browser so it is wanting to use this as the default even though we keep trying to delete the MYOB browser template but it will not delete for some reason which means we have to go through the list of forms to find the one we created in MYOB desktop???

Your help would be appreciated.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @JulieJR 

To set a default form in the browser you will need to create the template in the browser and tick Set as default template. Only editable forms can be set as a default.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

JulieJR
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Tracey

So if we did not create a browser template would the desktop template then be the default??

Do you think we should put in a product suggestion as you cannot setup up the templates in browser view as good as in desktop view.  You can really only add a logo and change colours that I can see.  The browser MYOB template fields are not editable like they are in desktop view.

Also it is not letting us delete the browser template that we made.  We have since created the desktop version template and wish to use in the browser so need to remove the first browser template we made altogether.  Any suggestion on how to do this?  We go delete the browser template and it says it cannot be undone and it goes and then it is showing to make a new template but if you go out or switch screens when you go back to it it has popped in there again!! Frustrating - see attached screenshots

browser template before deleting.JPG
browser after deleting template.JPG
browser again going back in again after deleting and going out.JPG

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post