Forum Discussion

Ebbe
User
2 months ago
Solved

Change the exchange rate after transaction entered

HI,

on my old MYOB I could go into a puchase transaction and change the exchange rate after the payment had been entered. Can this be done on AccountRight ?

Thanks

• Hi Ebbe

Thank you for your response. Generally, you have the flexibility to create a bill using the exchange rate at that time and later create a payment with a custom exchange rate. This can be achieved by editing the exchange rate while creating the payment. For a more detailed guide on this, you can refer to the article 'Working with Multiple Currencies'.

If you need further assistance or have any other queries, feel free to create a new thread.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
    Genreve

3 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Ebbe,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

Changing of exchange rate when the payment has been entered is not yet available as a feature. You can only do it when recording a transaction. For more information on how to do this, you may check the Help Article: Changing a transaction's exchange rate for more information. However, if this doesn't answer your concern, please take a moment to post on the AccountRight Ideas Exchange board for consideration of a feature to change the exchange after the payment has been entered.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

Ebbe
      User

Hi Doreen,

thanks for your answer. Is there a way I can invoice goods received but not billed without fixing the exchange rate so it can be changed later on payment ?

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Ebbe

Thank you for your response. Generally, you have the flexibility to create a bill using the exchange rate at that time and later create a payment with a custom exchange rate. This can be achieved by editing the exchange rate while creating the payment. For a more detailed guide on this, you can refer to the article 'Working with Multiple Currencies'.

If you need further assistance or have any other queries, feel free to create a new thread.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
        Genreve