Deposits Causing false out of balance

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
WhiteMountainDo
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Deposits Causing false out of balance

I am posting here because I have not been able to recreate the problem I am having in a company file.

The client will take deposits for orders and then take the rest of the payment and invoice at a later date. Aged Receivables Reconciliation is showing a false out of balance until the invoice date.

I have tried to recreate the issue in a test file, but MYOB is set up as standard to use a Customer Deposits account and then transfer the amount to trade debtors when the invoice is created. This does not cause out of balance.

The out of balance can be recreated by changing the linked account customer deposits to the asset trade debtors in the linked sales accounts. In fact this is the only way I can recreate it. This is the root of the problem AFAIK. The deposit is being put into trade debtors before it has been invoiced. The problem is that in the actual customer file it is set up to use customer deposits as the linked account so now i have no idea how the deposit is ending up in trade debtors.

I have tried many ways to recreate the issue, hopefully someone can tell me how the deposit (applied to an order) ends up in trade debtors? Where specifically is it occuring an ending up there?

1 REPLY 1
LRBooks61
Ultimate Cover User
1,054 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,054Posts

211Kudos

124Solutions

Re: Deposits Causing false out of balance

What you say is completely correct 

The linked account for I track deposits for sales should be customer deposits

Sorry cant offer any other explainantion as to why this isn't happening as it should

Lisa

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post