Forum Discussion

DMCH
Experienced User
2 years ago

Duplicate invoice numbers?

I see that this was an issue in September and I have now received an email from a client 3/6/22 saying the system is generating duplice invoice numbers!  This is accounting 101!  Has MYOB fixed this issue or not?  Is there something that my client needs to do to fix their system, it occured after an automatic update in April 2022.

Thanks

Dianne

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello DMCH 

If the preferences of Warn for duplicate invoice/customer PO/ Purchase order and Supplier Invoice is selected, when the file is opened in AccountRight browser this preference is ignored. This means invoices and bills can be recorded with the same number without any warnings being displayed. This is currently still with our product teams and being investigated.

DMCH
      Experienced User

So customers have been waiting since at least September last year for this to be resolved and it still has not been?  I don't think this or the previous trail of queries should be closed until MYOB resolves the problem, 'marking as solution' suggests that it has been fixed!  Whilst it might be an answer this is not a solution.