Forum Discussion

Loppy22
Contributing User
2 months ago

ERROR The value of your inventory may not be less than zero

Hello
I am adjusting stock in Accountright and I have the error 'The value of your inventory may not be less than zero' stopping me from moving forward.

I have followed all the steps provided in Error: Non-zero value (myob.com) 

I have run the ivnetory report - compared the report with my transaction and all have been editted to be the same - and my inventory values are all correct to the report.  Yet, it continues to stop me from recording the adjustment on one item (I hope - its the 3rd from the bottom of the list)
This one item RM VM has a quantity of 72 and a total amount of $152.64 This matches with the report.

the only thing I can see wrong with this is that the average value is $2.12 instead of $28.22- but I dont see that this should stop the adjustment.
Is anyone able to help on this please.
Frustratingly painful! 

thanks

Bek

8 Replies

Loppy22
    Contributing User

Could this be a MYOB issue? I deleted the item and it still would not let me put the transaction through.. Any thoughts would be very welcomed.

gavin12345
      Ultimate User

Hi Loppy22 

Yes very likely to be a MYOB issue. You will likely find that the current value is actually $152.637675643762863, and so reducing by $152.64 results in a minute negative amount. If this is the case, MYOB need to run a script (long decimal) over the file to fix the amount to $152.64. You will then be able to do the adjustment.

Regards

Gavin

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Loppy22,

Thanks for your post.

Please let us know the best time to run a fix on your company file as there should be no user logged in to the company file. Also, kindly confirm the last four digits of your serial number and the company file ID (Help > About MYOB AccountRight) of the file you're having issues with.

Best regards,

Doreen

Loppy22
      Contributing User

Hi Doreen,
      thanks for your reply.
      So it seems that it is a MYOB isssue? 

Would you be in direct touch with me regarding this please. 

Company file ID: 1
      Last 4 digits: 0474

Thanks

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Loppy22,

Thanks for your response and for providing the requested details.

We were able to execute a fix on your company file. Kindly log out and then log back into your account. Please let us know if you're still receiving an error message when adjusting your stock.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen