Forum Discussion

schryan
Contributing User
9 months ago
Solved

Error when Exporting to Excel

I’m using AccountRight 2022.8 on Windows 11 virtual machine (using Parallels) and attempting to export a few reports to Excel.

On selecting the report (e.g. Profit & Loss Statement) and applying the required filters, I click “Export to Excel” and a pop-up appears which says "Error" and provides the following path:-

C:\Users\Public\Documents\MYOB\AccountRight\2022.8\Reports\Spreadsheet

The error pop-up says nothing else (see attached screenshot).

I have confirmed that the above folder path exists in my Windows 11 folder structure.

I have attempted the above with numerous other reports and receive the same error.

Is someone able to please assist in rectifying this so I’m able to export data to Excel.

Thanks

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
      Leneth_A
      MYOB Moderator

Hi schryan

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. We are glad you're able to look for a solution to your concern, and we are happy to hear that it was fixed. We regret any inconvenience this has caused, and we appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter. 

The error message indicates that the program is having trouble accessing the Excel template. The common causes of this are the template is missing from that location, it has been set to read only or the permissions have not been set properly. 

In case you come across the same error message again, you may check if you are able to navigate to the location in the error message and see if the PLS.XLT file is there. If yes, you may need to check for read-only or the permissions by right clicking the file and selecting properties. If the file is not there, you could try copying the file from an older version or try performing a repair installation of AccountRight. 

Thank you for your understanding and continued support. Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

Cheers, 

Leneth