Forum Discussion

11 months ago

Help with adding inventory locations

Good afternoon all. I have just started a new job & the company uses MYOB for parts inventory & sales, as well as accounting. I have never used MYOB before & my point of frustration is that when I  go to the inquiry screen, the location doesn't show. Please see attached file. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to add this at the front page of the inquiry screen. If possible I want to add it in directly under "quantitiy on hand" field. I would also like to know how to get the location to show on invoices, so taht when I go to pick the parts for the customer I'm not always relying on memory to find the parts.

I look forward to your response.

Rgeards,

Greg 

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi HapkidoGuy

Thanks for reaching out. 

Currently, the application will only show you the location tab inside the item if locations have already been set. Here is the help article Multiple inventory locations. Also, the location tab won't be showing inside the profile tab but will have a separate tab. The location also can't be found inside the invoicing tab. Rest assured we will raise this concern with our development team. 

If you have any other concerns or questions feel free to let us know. 

Cheers, 

Genreve

HapkidoGuy
      User

Thanks for your reply Genreve. Unfortuantely, that information is not helpful to me. From a parts inventory & invoicing perspective there are certain functions that I really need in order to function proprtly in my role. I need to be able to see the part location without having to click on tabs & change screens, and when I generate a quote/picking ticket/invoice, I NEED to be able to see the part locations of each item on the slip/invoice. If I generate a 20-30 line invoice or picking slip, I can't just keep running back to the computer to check each location individually. Surely there must be a way to set this up so that I can see them all on the paperwork?

Forgive me if I seem a little frustrated, but I'm used to programs have these functions easily accessible, The minimum level for restocking alert" function could possibly assist, but I'm not sure. I've been using Reynolds & Reynolds for many years & these funcions are standard issue.

Genreve_S wrote:

Hi HapkidoGuy

Thanks for reaching out. 

Currently, the application will only show you the location tab inside the item if locations have already been set. Here is the help article Multiple inventory locations.

Genreve_S wrote:

Hi HapkidoGuy

Thanks for reaching out. 

Currently, the application will only show you the location tab inside the item if locations have already been set. Here is the help article Multiple inventory locations. Also, the location tab won't be showing inside the profile tab but will have a separate tab. The location also can't be found inside the invoicing tab. Rest assured we will raise this concern with our development team. 

Cheers, 

Genreve

Cheers, 

Genreve

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi HapkidoGuy

Thank you for voicing your concern.

I understand how this would make your job more convenient. Currently, this feature is setup differently than what you expected. We are constantly working on trying to improve our application's experience. Rest assured this would be raised with the appropriate team. 

Cheers, 

Genreve