Myob Quotes / Purchase Orders

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
dddaewtaertaery
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Myob Quotes / Purchase Orders

I use Myob for my construction business

When I receive a quote from my contractor I add the quote in the system, allocate it to a Job - I enter it as a Purchase order.

The problem I am facing is that when I enter a purchase order, this isnt reflected in the reports such as profit and loss by job or job transactions or something similar.. I was previously advised  - In the browser MYOB Business you will find this tick box in the Report options when running the report to include “balance sheet accounts”, I tried this and still this didnt show the purchase orders

To confirm, I enter my quotes/purchase orders in before they are bills to track the job performance and budget… If I am completing this wrong, can you please provide me with the correct method to be doing this.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Re: Myob Quotes / Purchase Orders

Hi @dddaewtaertaery 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you'll find it a wealth of knowledge.

If you are in the Find Transaction window it will show you the transaction that is recorded, you would be able to click the arrow of that transaction to see the relevant transaction relating to that. If you want additional information about the accounts and amounts involved in that transaction you can recap it (Edit>>Recap transaction) or depending on the transaction view the transaction in the transaction journal. 

In terms of Profit and Loss reporting,  I would be looking at running the Account Transaction [cash] report and comparing that with the account transactions [Accrual] report. These reports will show you the individual transactions against each account. If a transaction is not included on the one report but is on the other it is likely the cause of that difference. 

If further assistance is required don't hesitate to post again. I'm happy to help. 

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post