Forum Discussion

kimpossible
Experienced User
4 years ago
Solved

Payment Voucher and Official Receipt - Change of Currency in Words

Hi,

We print payment vouchers and official receipts (issued to the client) through MYOB (Version 2020.2).

Currency in words is in "Dollars". We need to change this to another currency. Is there a way to change the currency in words?

Note that currency in numbers is okay. Only the currency stated in words.

Thank you.

• Hi kimpossible 

As AccountRight 2020 is designed for Australian and New Zealand businesses the Amount in English field on receipts would be listed as Dollar and Cents. This is standard by the program and is unable to be changed by the user/the Windows preferences.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi kimpossible 

As AccountRight 2020 is designed for Australian and New Zealand businesses the Amount in English field on receipts would be listed as Dollar and Cents. This is standard by the program and is unable to be changed by the user/the Windows preferences.

kimpossible
      Experienced User

Hi Steven_M ,

Noted with thanks. I will appreciate if you could revisit and consider having an option to choose the default currency in your next upgrades. 

Also, I tried to ask this in the MYOB Support Chat and they were mentioning "multicurrency" function. 

I'm not sure if this might be a work-around on my concern. Appreciate if you could clarify this.

Thank you.

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi kimpossible 

Foreign currencies in AccountRight 2020, would not resolve that receipt printing. With multi-currency enabled, receipt printing is still done in the local currency, so it would be listed in dollars and cents (the primary unit for Australia or New Zealand).