Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

Receive payments

Unpaid invoices are not showing up in the receive payments window.
These invoices are visible in the transaction record on the client card but do not show in the receive payments window.

Advice appreciated.

• Hi gatekeeper 

Are those invoices been already paid? Possibly with a transaction dated in the future (after what the Find Transaction window is filtered for)

My recommendation would be to open an invoice that should be appearing in the Receive Payments window and click into the History of that invoice. This would show you whether any payments have been made on the invoice. If the invoice has been fully paid it will not appear in the Receive Payments window (unless Include Closed Sales has been enabled).

The only other thing that I can think of that would cause this situation is that you have two different customer cards with slightly different names and you selecting a different customer card in each window.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi gatekeeper 

Are those invoices been already paid? Possibly with a transaction dated in the future (after what the Find Transaction window is filtered for)

My recommendation would be to open an invoice that should be appearing in the Receive Payments window and click into the History of that invoice. This would show you whether any payments have been made on the invoice. If the invoice has been fully paid it will not appear in the Receive Payments window (unless Include Closed Sales has been enabled).

The only other thing that I can think of that would cause this situation is that you have two different customer cards with slightly different names and you selecting a different customer card in each window.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

gatekeeper
      User

Thank you so much for your help.

I checked what you said about looking at the transaction history and yes, payments had been applied to some of those amounts in the transaction record that I thought were outstanding.

The payments made were in excess of the charges so were getting ahead of the invoices.  It only became apparent when I still had payments to apply but no charges to match them to.
      The invoice are fortnightly, monthly and quarterly for different charges and the client pays a set amount each week.  By adding up the annual totals for each item and dividing it by 52 weeks I could see that the weekly payment was in excess of this so the payments were getting ahead of the charges.

Your help is greatly appreciated.