Forum Discussion

tombailey
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

Stock Alert Shows Non Inventoried Items

Our stock alert tab shows some items that are non-inventoried. I don't think this should be happenning.

I've read other support notes for the stock alert tab and understand to make "minimum stock level" and "defualt reorder quantity" show no value, not even 0. 

I have also ensured that "I inventory this item" is not ticked.

We do have some of these non-inventoried items in sales orders which seems to be making them show as committed and therefore in the stock alert tab.

Is there a way to get these items out of the stock alert tab? They're clogging it up quite a lot.

• Hi tombailey 

Thank you for posting. If you have orders pending, you will have to delete them or convert them to invoices so that the item will be removed from the To Do List window or stop getting stock alerts.

To check further, you can do the following steps: 

1. Navigate to Inventory >> Item Lists
    2. Click on the item
    3. Select Buying Details tab.
    4. Click into the Minimum Level for restocking Alert, highlight the value, and select Delete on the keyboard  

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sean_DC
    MYOB Moderator

Hi tombailey 

Thank you for posting. If you have orders pending, you will have to delete them or convert them to invoices so that the item will be removed from the To Do List window or stop getting stock alerts.

To check further, you can do the following steps: 

1. Navigate to Inventory >> Item Lists
    2. Click on the item
    3. Select Buying Details tab.
    4. Click into the Minimum Level for restocking Alert, highlight the value, and select Delete on the keyboard  

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

tombailey
      Contributing User

Thanks for confirming this Sean. 

It would be very useful if there was some kind of extra option for the list (something like a tick box for whether the item shows in the stock alert or not). 

On a slightly different note, its great to see how fast "Reorder low stock items" opens in the web app - "stock alert" in the accountright software is very laggy for us.

Sean_DC
        MYOB Moderator

Hi tombailey 

You're very welcome. I do think that it would be a helpful feature to have that tick box. You can submit this idea to our Product Ideas Board to let our team know of your suggestions. Also, I would recommend that you Clear your AccountRight Cache if you're experiencing lags. This could help the system to load faster.