Forum Discussion

Cadicka
Experienced Cover User
6 months ago

Stock Alert

• I have raised this concern before and I believe it would be beneficial to use the "available" quantity instead of the "on hand" quantity in the stock alert feature.

• This change would improve the ordering process by preventing over-ordering for stock that is on back order. Instead, the system would consider stock as available once it becomes accessible, avoiding unnecessary additional orders.

• Additionally, it would be advantageous to incorporate pending customer orders into stock management. This way, the system can recommend ordering stock from pending customer orders, since invoicing only occurs when the order is ready for shipment. This approach would help avoid situations where stock is depleted due to not considering customer orders in the process.

By implementing these changes, the accounting program's stock alert feature can become more efficient and ensure optimal stock ordering and management.

1 Reply

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Cadicka,

Thank you for your post, and I appreciate your patience. I apologize for the delayed response. Your suggestion is valuable, and I will ensure to forward it to the appropriate team (Product Ideas: Stock Alert - Use Available value) for future consideration. If you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to post again, and we'll be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,
    Earl