Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

TPAR report failed to lodge

My TPAR report wont lodge on the ATO site. I am getting the following message. 

Reason: Line 60. Please contact your software developer. The file contains an illegal character at end of last record.

Does anyone know how to fix this? many thanks

• Hi Loulou3 

Please find this line number  using Notepad++  by following the steps given below:

1. Open the EMPDUPE file in notepad ++

2. From the Search menu choose Find Characters in Range

3. Select Non-ASCII Characters and click Find

Notepad ++ will then display where the invalid character is.

4. Click on the top of the notepad ++ application and the cursor will flash just after the invalid character. In the example below the invalid character is a SPACE. 

5. Repeat until all invalid characters are removed.

After this is done, you can fix the data in AccountRight and recreate the EMPDUPE file. If your file is online, we can run a script to identify which supplier cards contain invalid characters. Send us your serial number and company file name by Private Message so we can organise that.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Loulou3 

Please find this line number  using Notepad++  by following the steps given below:

1. Open the EMPDUPE file in notepad ++

2. From the Search menu choose Find Characters in Range

3. Select Non-ASCII Characters and click Find

Notepad ++ will then display where the invalid character is.

4. Click on the top of the notepad ++ application and the cursor will flash just after the invalid character. In the example below the invalid character is a SPACE. 

5. Repeat until all invalid characters are removed.

After this is done, you can fix the data in AccountRight and recreate the EMPDUPE file. If your file is online, we can run a script to identify which supplier cards contain invalid characters. Send us your serial number and company file name by Private Message so we can organise that.
      Loulou3
      User

Hi Komal,

That worked thank you so so much, it was causing me alot of grief