Forum Discussion

sueby01
Experienced User
4 years ago
Solved

automatic email of invoice

I have one customer who would like invoice printed and sent with goods but also automatically emailed to an accounts address. Is there a way to do this automatically or will i have to remember and do...
    4 years ago

Hi sueby01 

Under Setup>>Preferences>>Sales there is a preference for Automatically xxx Sales When they are Recorded. This option will prompt the user to print or email or send to disk (PDF) the transaction when the sale is recorded. It should be noted that this is a single use option i.e. you can choose to print OR email the sale automatically, not both.

If it was me and I needed to email and print the invoice, here is what I would do:

1. Navigate to the required customer's card
    2. In the Selling Details set the Delivery Status to be To be Printed and Emailed
    3. Under Setup>>Preferences>>Sales, enable Automatically Email Sales When They are Recorded

What the above will do is prompt the invoice to be emailed when recorded and it will make the invoice appear in the Print/Email Invoices list to be printed with the rest of the invoices.  You, in in theory, could set it to be automatically print and then email after the fact, its over to you and how the customer would like that information.