Vegan
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Deactivate used wage catagories

Hi

We have casual junior staff on various awards, when they have a birthday and progress from say wage catagory Public Holiday 18 yrs old to Public Holiday 19 years old, I would like to untick the Public Holiday 18 yrs old after the end of financial year, but it keeps telling me the category has been used and cannot be deleted.  As this person is now 19 the catagory would not have been used in the new financial year.

It is so easy to make mistakes when there are similiar catagories on the same card.

Can someone offer advise on what I can do?

Thanks in Advance

Wage Catagory.PNG
5 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,573 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21573Posts

2419Kudos

3041Solutions

Re: Deactivate used wage catagories

Hi @Vegan

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

Currently, if a wage category has been used on a timesheet for an employee that particular wage category would not be able to be deselected from them. Upon deselection of that category, the user would receive a similar message to the following indicating that it has been used on a timesheet:

Attachment.PNG

The only true way to remove that category would be to delete the timesheet(s) used for that employee. This would involve the deletion of the payroll transaction, which in turn would impact other parts of the program and therefore would generally not be possible in most cases, especially if they are recorded in a previous year.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Vegan
4 Posts
User
Australia
Vegan
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your reply Steven.

Perhaps MYOB needs to look into a solution, surely I cant be the only person with this issue.

How do other MYOB users work around having lots of categories that are not used on an employee's card anymore, showing on the timesheet drop down menu?  As I mentioned before it is so easy to select the wrong category when the only difference is the age.  eg   (Casual Junior Staff that have been paid when 17yrs old and are now 18yrs old)          Category Description:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Late Night 17 years                                                                                                                                                                                        Late Night 18 years

Thanks

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,573 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21573Posts

2419Kudos

3041Solutions

Hi @Vegan

If you would like to see the removal/unselection of payroll categories that have been used on timesheets I would recommend showing your support for Payroll: Ability to remove categories used on timesheets on the AccountRight Idea Exchange.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Ultimate Partner GDay53
608 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
GDay53
Ultimate Partner

608Posts

606Kudos

113Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

@Vegan

As @Steven_M has mentioned wage categories can not be unselected once used.

It sounds to me like your payroll setup makes it a lot harder to use than it needs to be.

All your Junior employees should be the same wage catergory as all your senior employees - Base Hourly.

There is no need to have different wage categories for different ages. The actual rate of pay is on each employees card and you change it on their card when they go up in rate either by birthday of pay rise.

As for Public Holidays - again there should only be the one wage catergory for the one award - depending on the award it would be something like - regular rate of pay mutiplied x 2.500.

Having all those different wage catergories is confusing (as you said "so easy to select the wrong category") and is making it harder to use the payroll module.

When there is a pay rise, normally all you need do is open every employee card and change the rate on their card. The way you have it set up you would need to calculate all the new rates for every wage catergory and open and adjust every wage category  - which could take hours.

In your situation there is no easy fix. As new employees start you could use the payroll module the way it is supposed to be used but for existing employees you can not unselect a wage catergory once it has been used. The only way to fix it would be to start a whole new data file and set it up properly from the start and that is also a massive job.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

If you want to talk about it further feel free to send me a private message.

The

Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield

gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Vegan
4 Posts
User
Australia
Vegan
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Graeme

What you say makes perfect sense, thanks for your imput.

Kind Regards

Vegan

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post