How can I change a casual employee to a permanent employee - can I use the same card - or do I need to create a new card

Highlighted
KathyDSE
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
KathyDSE
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

How can I change a casual employee to a permanent employee - can I use the same card - or do I need to create a new card

3 REPLIES
Ultimate Partner ronatbas
4,052 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner

4052Posts

2845Kudos

632Solutions

Re: How can I change a casual employee to a permanent employee - can I use the same card - or do I need to create a new card

@KathyDSE

For all sorts of reasons you are better off keeping the same card. The casual designation in payroll is just that, a word that goes on the emplyee details form and potentially on the payslip. You can change it with no effect on the operation of the payroll. 

Once you have changed the pay rate and included them under entitlements go to the Contact Log and make detailed notes on the change. Put a copy of these notes on file.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
Contributing Cover User avivienu
23 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
avivienu
Contributing Cover User

23Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: How can I change a casual employee to a permanent employee - can I use the same card - or do I need to create a new card

Would I need to change the start date, so that the leave entitlement start calculations as of that day?

Thanks,

Vivien

Ultimate Partner ronatbas
4,052 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner

4052Posts

2845Kudos

632Solutions

@avivienu

I wouldn't change the start date - your notes under contact log should make it clear that there is a time difference between start date and accrual start date. Make sure that your entitlements are setup to 7.6923% of Gross hours - set up with overtime/s, HLL and any hourly allowances Exempted

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post