4 Posts
User
JLH
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Payroll tax

I have been working through setting up the payroll and just wanted to check something with you.

On my MYOB screen, it states PAYG is -$524 on a fortnightly payment of $2308, however the ATO fortnightly tax sheet says it should be $472.

Have I done something wrong?

7 REPLIES
JLH
4 Posts
User
JLH
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Payroll tax

I have been working through setting up the payroll and just wanted to check something with you.  On my MYOB screen, it states PAYG is -$524 on a fortnightly payment of $2308, however the ATO fortnightly tax sheet says it should be $472.  Have I done something wrong?

JLH
4 Posts
User
JLH
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Payroll tax tables

I have been working through setting up the payroll and just wanted to check something with you.  On my MYOB screen, it states PAYG is -$524 on a fortnightly payment of $2308, however the ATO fortnightly tax sheet says it should be $472.  Have I done something wrong?

JLH
4 Posts
User
JLH
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

PAYG

Ultimate Partner ronatbas
4,056 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner

4056Posts

2847Kudos

632Solutions

Re: Payroll tax

@JLH

The most common cause for PAYG not to match the basic Tax Tables is that the Tax is set up using another scale. The default is Tax Free Threshold 

If this person has a HECS/HELP debt and this has been recognised on the MYOB it could explain the higher deduction.

Open the employee's card >Payroll Details>Tax. There are multiple scales which include HELP debt, the common one is  Tax Free Threshold +HELP.

The numbers seem roughly right for a 4% HELP repayment after allowing for the TFT

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
Partner AlanT
815 Posts
Partner
Australia
AlanT
Partner

815Posts

618Kudos

127Solutions

Re: PAYG

@JLH

Hi,

There are a few things that I would suggest checking.

• Check that you have the correct tax tables loaded by going to Setup » Load Payroll Tax Tables.  Then click the [Load Tax Tables] button and this will display the version of the tax tables that are currently loaded.  You will want the 1 July, 2017 tables.
  • You should also check that you have selected the correct tax table on the employee's card.  With the employee's card open, go to the Payroll Details tab and then select the Taxes tab. 
  • Also make sure that when you entered the pay details in the ATO's calculator that you also selected the correct tax table there.  i.e. 'Tax Free threshold' or 'No Tax Free Threshold'

Hope this helps you find the answer.

Regards,

Alan

Partner AlanT
815 Posts
Partner
Australia
AlanT
Partner

815Posts

618Kudos

127Solutions

Re: Payroll tax tables

@JLH

Hi,

It lookslike you have posted this question a few times.

@ronatbas and I have each answered this question.  I hope you find the answer from one of these posts.

Regards,

Alan

Partner AlanT
815 Posts
Partner
Australia
AlanT
Partner

815Posts

618Kudos

127Solutions

Re: Payroll tax

@JLH

Hi,

It looks like you have posted this question a few times.

@ronatbas and I have each answered this question.  I hope you find the answer from one of these posts.

Regards,

Alan

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post