7 Posts
Contributing User
Mel2603
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Personal leave accruals - never set up

We have been using AccountRight for awhile now, but I've just picked up that our employees have not been accruing Personal Leave, as the entitlement boxes are not ticked & we have no employees linked to the Personal Leave entitlement category.

Annual leave accruals are all good, but no personal leave... my question is, if I correct this now & linke employees to this entitlement category will it backdate the personal leave calculations, or will I have to manually calculate and enter a carry over balance ??

Any advice would be much appreciated 

1 REPLY
Super Partner Kym__Yeoward
1,201 Posts
Super Partner
Australia
Kym__Yeoward
Super Partner

1201Posts

606Kudos

88Solutions

Re: Personal leave accruals - never set up

Hi @Mel2603 - Welcom back to the Community Forum !

First, you will need to manually calculate their current Personal Leave entitlement balance, in hours.

In Australia,  a good tool for this is the FairWork Australia Leave calculator

Next, check the employee's card, under Payroll Details / Entitlements.

Ensure the Personal (Sick) Leave Entitlement is ticked and check the balances for the

Carry Over and Year-To-Date fields - they should both be blank.

If so, enter his/her accumulated leave balance (as calculated above) in the Carry Over field and click OK.

Don't worry avout the YTD field - it can't be edited on the card (but will start accruing from the next pay run).

Here's a link to the Support Note for this - Adjusting Carried Over leave balances

If instead the Personal Leave balances in Carry Over or YTD contain hours, you will need to instead adjust the year to date leave balances.

It's best done in the next pay run.

See this Support Note - Adjust the Year to Date leave balances 

Kym Yeoward, Darwin

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post