Cover User
Australia
Missing
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Tax default NT does not come up on invoice when entering

I have ticked the Tax default NT on the card file - now when I go to enter the invoice - comes up GST? Any solutions 

2 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,981 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

5981Posts

629Kudos

811Solutions

Re: Tax default NT does not come up on invoice when entering

Hi @Missing

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of helpful information.

One thing to check, as it isn’t always ticked by default, is on the card itself. On both the supplier and customer cards, you will need to locate Buying Details tab for supplier cards and the Selling Details tab for your customer cards.

On the right hand side of this tab, underneath where you can specify a tax code for that Supplier/Customer, is a tick box that says Use Supplier’s Tax code or Use Customer’s Tax Code. This tickbox should override the default tax code on any accounts or inventory items on any transactions.

Do let us know how you get on with this

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Ultimate Partner GDay53
590 Posts
Ultimate Partner
GDay53
Ultimate Partner

590Posts

588Kudos

110Solutions

Re: Tax default NT does not come up on invoice when entering

@Missing

I am trying to understand why you would be using N-T (not reportable) as a Tax code on a Sales Invoice.

If it was a sale to overseas you should be using EXP (export sales), most sales locally will be either GST or FRE (GST Free).

As to why the tax code keeps comeing up is simple, like @Neil_M, said unless you go to each card and tick the box use Customer / Supplier tax code, the code that comes up is the Tax code you allocated to the account when you set up the chart of accounts.

To be honest I don't like the use Customer / Supplier tax code tick box I find it far better to use the account codes all the time.

Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield

gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post