I get an error on backing up and verification and I'm told it's my issue and charged $380!

duncs1234
5 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I get an error on backing up and verification and I'm told it's my issue and charged $380!

I have been using a number of users for two years. I make a copy of one of their (never had an issue) permissions for a new UserID for someone else who has joined the company and now it gives me a UserId error when I try to run verification.  How can this be my error.  They can access and use MYOB.

I am told I have done something wrong.  By copying a userID permissions as the s/w suggests, and then trying to back up.

An hour and a half on the phone and I know am told it is my fault as they can't identify the issue and I'm going to have to pay $380.  I'm not treated like this with any other of the 100s of s/w programs we use, and if they break I can investigate.

I'm going to looking for new s.w

Duncs

myob error 2 - Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 4.22.32 pm.png
3 REPLIES
Ultimate User gavin12345
1,487 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia

Re: I get an error on backing up and verification and I'm told it's my issue and charged $380!

Hi @duncs1234

Nothing the program allows you to do should cause a Verification error - if it does, this means the program has a bug it in. If my memory serves me correctly, there was a similar post with a Test 1 error on AccountEdge Pro 16 which was caused by a bug. Perhaps the call centre person you spoke to was not aware or did not look into this. I suggest you dig around a little under the AccountEdge section for posts similar to yours.

Now if the error was caused by a bug - you should be able to replicate it and therefore prove it is a bug. I suggest you make a copy of your file and play with that file rather than risking more problems with your current file.

Another possibility (esp as you are using a network edition) is that something interfered with MYOB as it was updating the new user record, for example a network dropout, system backup, antivirus scan etc. If this is the case, MYOB's only responsibility is poor error recovery coding. Your testing to see if you can replicate the problem will help identify if it was a bug or just bad timing.

If MYOB persists with charging you to fix the file, you may want to shop around. I know of at least one other provider who repairs MYOB files and they charge a flat $198 fee in most cases.

FYI you should continue to make backups, even if you disable 'check errors'.

Regards

Gavin

Ultimate User gavin12345
1,487 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia

Re: I get an error on backing up and verification and I'm told it's my issue and charged $380!

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
19,798 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @duncs1234

Speaking with the data repair team, we aren't aware of any potential errors int he program that would cause a Test 1: Invalid User ID when verifying the company file. As such as this point in time, it would be a chargeable data file repair if the company file was to be sent in.

What I would be testing is restoring a backup of that company file prior to that error occurring. I would first verify the company file - to make sure no errors are included. Once that has been completed, add in that new User ID  (complete the same task as before) and then verify the company file again. If it is generating a verification error again then we may be able to look into getting a copy of that file sent in for a free standard data file repair (providing it does optimise and that is only verification error in the file).

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post