SZAent
Partner
10 years ago
Open

Cards: Ability to make a card a customer and supplier

Hello,

As some others have said as well, i have both customers and suppliers, there should be an option to tick where a business is both. As most of the information is the same, there could just be an extra tab or two to incorporate the differences and away you go. Alternatively it would be good use the Spend Money to create an EFT payment file to be processed thru the ABA upload to the bank.

Cheers

Simon

"Supplier and Customer combined"

17 Comments

• We receive payments for sales from customers that also include purchases that we have made from the same company.  We need a system where we can receive the payment for a sales invoice whilst also being able to select a purcahse order for payment for the same supplier.

ronatbas
      Ultimate Partner

Because MYOB is MYOB it is not practical to have a combined bill/ invoice unless there is a new method of treating the GST. On an invoice the GST goes to GST collected, on a bill to GST paid. Combining a bill under an invoice will, under the current setup, not only reduce G1 and 1A it will not affect G11 and 1B. The latter two may not upset the ATO but I am sure they will take a dim view of anyone understating G1 and IA

Steven_M
      Former Staff

Hi ronatbas 

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the AccountRight program and combining bill/invoices for GST reporting, I have shared it with the team.

interAccounts
      Valued Partner

I'd also like to see a combined customer/supplier card option available which could help the above issue as well.

• Hi

It would simplify things if we could have a card for those entities that are both customers and suppliers.  Enabling better tracking of financials. 

BBC
    Cover User

Hi All

A vast majority of my clients are both suppliers and customers, it is really annoying to have to create separate cards for each , is there anyway around this?

Nat

DuncanS
      Ultimate Partner

Nat,

I would recommend having seperate cards - remember the cards are only set up once.

Julie_B
      Trusted User

Interesting idea, but then I'm thinking that the reporting could get messy.  With other versions it was easy to use the wrong card in error, so if I have a client who is a customer & supplier I often put an (S) at the end of the supplier's card name ... just in case. :)

Liam_M
    Former Staff
    Status changed:
    New
    to
    Open

Thanks for the great suggestion. I can see where it would be useful to have a single card for entities that are both customers and suppliers. Anyone else who would like to see this, please cast your vote here.

• I was going to raise this suggestion if it hadn't already been raised. There are frequent occasions when a contact is a supplier, or customer. I would like to see the single contact to be able to be linked with any profile in the card options, whether that be supplier, customer, employee etc. 

• Is this option avaialbe yet?  It would be very handy if it could be please

• Yes I really need this option. I am moving accross from Myob Essentials that already has this option and am now finding it difficult to adjust to having to make two card files instead of the one.

I defiantly would like to see this eventuate ASAP.

• It would be helpful if there was atleast a button to select to copy all fields necessary to create a customer card from a supplier Card

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi @ All, 

Thank you for your post. Your feedback and ideas are appreciated. Rest assured that we are doing our best to improve and provide an excellent service for our valued customers. Meanwhile, we encourage you to please take a moment to post on the  AccountRight Ideas Exchange Board for consideration. 

If you still have other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again. We are more than happy to help. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel